STUDY 9: Questions
Why were the animal sacrifices of the Law of Moses not sufficient to take away sin?
- Why was the death of Jesus, rather than of any other man, required for our salvation?
Was Jesus our representative or our substitute when he died?
Which of the following statements is true?
Did Jesus benefit from his own death?
- Christ died instead of us dying
- Christ represented us, so God can forgive us for his sake
- Christ was like us but does not represent us
- Christ's death meant that God will no longer hold any human being guilty for sin.
When Christ died on the cross, did he
Should we keep the Sabbath now?
- End the smaller commands of the Law of Moses but not the 10 commandments
- End all of the Law of Moses including the ten commandments
- End the Law of Moses except for the Jewish feasts
- Have no effect on the position of the Law of Moses?
Give reasons for your answer to question 7.